Welcome! My name is Olaf Lesniak and this is Marvel vs DC! The series that will come out weekly on Saturdays and will pit two famous characters against each other. I will look at both opponents’ skills, powers, abilities, stamina and etc. to help me determine the winner. Today our battle is….
Black Widow vs. Black Canary
First we will look at the origins and the basics of each character. We will follow that by Black Widow’s and Black Canary’s powers, abilities and weaponry which would then lead them into battle.
Origins: Black Widow
Natalia “Natasha” Romanova was born in 1928 and was raised by a Russian soldier Ivan Bezukhov after the enemy army orphaned her at a very young age. To save Ivan’s life she accepted a place at the Soviet government convert called, the Red Room. There, along with other young girls, she was trained to kill. She was bio- and psycho-technologically enhanced granting her longer life span and prolonged youth. Each girl at the Red Room had implemented fake memories. When Black Widow grew up she discovered this truth along with the fact that the Red Room still exists.
- Identity: Black Widow
- Alter Ego: Natalia “Natasha” Romanova
- Occupation(s): Hero, assassin, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent
- Team Affiliations: Avengers
Origins: Black Canary
Dinah Lance was born in a family full of crime fighters! Her mother was a vigilante and her father was a police officer. She became a member of the government agency team called Team 7, where she trained for the government. The scientists discovered that Dinah had a metagene giving her the ability known as the Canary Cry and with that she received the famous codename, Black Canary.
- Identity: Black Canary
- Alter Ego: Dinah Lance
- Occupation(s): Hero, former agent of Team 7, rock band singer
- Team Affiliations: Justice League, Birds of Prey
Powers, Ability & Weaponry: Black Widow
- Peak Level Psychology
- Peak Human Level Agility/Strength
- Heightened Senses/Immune System
- Martial Artist – Karate, judo, kenpo, jujitsu, ninjitsu, aikido, savate, may thai, sambo, kung-fu, etc.
- Assassin – top espionage operative in the world
- Fluent in Many Languages
- Expert Computer Programmer/Hacker
- Strategist/Field Commander/Leader – Led the Avengers and SHIELD
- Bio-technologically enhanced – heals quicker than an average human body
- Psycho-technologically enhanced
- Synthetic Suit – resistant to hot temperature and small arm fire, allows her to cling to walls
- Widow’s Line – grappling hook
- Widow’s Bite – wrist cartridges that emit electrical charge of 30’000 volts
- Widow’s Kiss – a modified aerosol instant knock out gas
- Arm Fire – usually carries small arm fire, but still knows how to use a variety of guns
- Tool Belt – explosives, stunner, tear gas, and transmitter/cable
Powers, Ability & Weaponry: Black Canary
- Martial Artist – considered to be one of the best hand-to-hand combatant in the DC Universe; knows variety of martial arts
- High Level Reflexes – can catch arrows
- Canary Cry
- High Frequency Sonic Disruptors
- Gas Pellets
- Sonic Screamers
- Swing Lines
- Suit – Kevlar-carbon-fiber-polymer mesh stocking that are self-repairing nanobots
Black Widow and Black Canary are known to be one of the top martial artists in each of their respective universes. To determine who would in this battle we have to look at each of their accomplishments that they have gained over the past few years. Black Widow since a very young age has been trained to kill and assassinate. Natasha was always brutal and learned many different statistics on how to break a person physically. She has been also trained by the Winter Soldier who was a top assassin in the entire world at the time of her training with him. Black Canary trained with the government and was part of the Team 7. Dinah is a very wise martial artist, but Black Widow is much more powerful with her fighting skills. She is amazing at reading people’s weak spots (once she knocked out a guy by just kissing him) and not to forget that she was technologically enhanced. This gives Black Widow an edge when it comes to fighting.
Now, both fighters have many gadgets that could help them here. Black Widow possess the powerful Widow’s Kiss which is a knock out gas, but she hasn’t been shown to use it a lot so, most likely she will not possess this gas with her, but she does carry another powerful weapon known as the Widow’s Bite. It is able to shock at 30’000 volts which could rest an average person. Another advantage that Natasha has over Dinah are her small-arm guns. Black Widow always carries at least one or two guns with her while Black Canary mostly depends on her fighting and her Canary Cry. Black Canary does carry smaller sonic screamers with her that could help, but Natasha’s arsenal seems like it could potentially over power Dinah’s.
Now let’s look at their powers (if they have any). Black Widow doesn’t possess any powers unless you wanna count the enhanced strength and agility. Black Canary possess her famous Canary Cry! This power is a sonic scream that can shatter skulls, liquefy bones, make power outages occur in an entire city and even hurt Superman! With this information here ladies and gentleman, we can announce our winner.
Black Canary wins this battle thanks to her Canary Cry. Sure, Black Widow has electrical shocks and guns, but Black Canary could use her Canary Cry to help her fly (yes she has been able to fly thanks to the sonic scream), which could be used to make distance away from Black Widow. But let’s say that Black Canary doesn’t use her Canary Cry powers in the beginning since Dinah uses her ability at last resort. Black Canary has great reflexes that could help her against the guns. Black Widow’s shocks usually end up knocking out a regular human, but Black Canary has a suit with self-repairing nanobots which could heal her up. Yes, Natasha does have her enhancements and accelerated healing, but we are talking about a scream that can hurt Superman which would definitely hurt Black Widow.
WINNER: Black Canary
Thank you for reading this installment of Marvel vs DC. Do you agree with the result? What are some next battles that you would wanna see me analyze? Give me all suggestions, opinions and ideas in the comment section. Be sure to like, and make sure to SHARE! Thank you all once again and see you next Saturday.
Follow me on Twitter: @olaf_lesniak
Teaser for NEXT WEEK! : 2 armored combatants will clash with their hi-tech
I am a comic book geek! I love comic books! #1 fan right here.